Thursday 21 January 2016

Success Stories - How I lost 5 Stone

Nikki McDonnell



Finalist in Cambridge Weight Plan (Ireland) Slimmer of the Year 2011
Fat, Overweight and Obese are words I’ve grown accustom to over the last ten years or so, actually I can’t remember ever not being overweight. I have tried all the diets and can honestly say been there! Done that! And have all the XXL tee-shirts to prove it didn’t work.  When I lost my job in 2009 I thought while looking for work I can focus on losing the weight before my wedding in June 2010. I managed to loose 1st 8lbs but at 5ft 2 I was still 13st 8lbs for my wedding day.  After the wedding we settled into married life a little too settled perhaps as by the following January I bravely stepped onto the scales and nearly fell right back off 16st 2lbs I was so embarrassed, I wouldn’t leave the house afraid of meeting someone who knew me, instead if I needed anything I would ring my husband and ask him to get it on the way home, I wasn’t living anymore I was just surviving and at 27 I should have been living it up.  My mother was terrified for my health and the doctor was trying to put me on blood pressure tablets as my weight wasn’t the only thing that had shot up.  I managed to lose a few pounds but I couldn’t stay motivated and to make matters worse I was still looking for work which made me even more depressed.
One day after waking up I thought ok I’ve had enough I grabbed the laptop and started punching at the keys “Diets ….. Weight loss….. Diet reviews etc.……. Eventually I found the one Cambridge hmmm this looks promising. I went to the Cambridge website and found my closest counsellor who was Caroline Matthews. I didn’t want to wait a minute longer so I rang and from that first phone call Caroline had me motivated and ready to go. I went to her house the following day and we sat and chatted for an hour as I was leaving I knew this is it, this time I’m going to do it. After one month on the diet I was down over a stone and amazingly enough after looking for two years I got a job, I thought things couldn’t get much better than this but they did.
With the support of my family and friends ~(watching my every move I might add I couldn’t even smell something cooking without them shouting “ get away from there”) and the motivation Caroline would give me every week it was a success I’ve lost five stone to date. I don’t recognise that girl from January the one who wasn’t living.  Now I never sit down, I always have somewhere to go or something to do and when I do have a bit of free time I don’t sit on the sofa and eat I get up and go to the gym or for a long walk, I have never felt as free or happy as I do now
Nikki's Counselor is Caroline Matthews

1 comment:

  1. right here on this weblog, terms themselves are growing that situation in which there is a lot of mayhem and serendipity collectively with a silent isolation. no longer regularly decided to peer such talent and enthusiasm. Lose weight diet plan in Cambridge Ontario

    ReplyDelete